Sublime Forum

Cygwin1.dll not present

Hello Everybody,
newbie here!

I just installed Sublime and plugged the Arduino-like IDE, all seemed to be all right and after selecting the Arduino location I can load the Blink program!
At that point I selected “Arduino Uno” as my board and tried to select the serial port: ports 4-7 appear, but none is highlighted as being connected to Arduino.
I still selected port 7 (because that was the Arduiono port when I last used the original Arduino IDE).
At that point I click “upload” or “compile”, the command line says “Compiling Blink…” and “Creating \Users—”
then an erro window appears saying
"Unable to save C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\examples\01.Basics\Blink\Blink.ino
Upon clicking OK, I get a new error message

!avr-g+ +.exe System Error
Cannot start program because cygwin1.dll was not found on this computer"
(exact wording may slightly differ because my system is in italian).

At that point I can’t but click OK and avr-g+ +.exe is terminated by windows.

Seems the compiler is not accessible somehow…
I checked that the required file is present in C:\Codeblocks Arduino IDE\Codeblocks\Bin (where I have installed Codeblocks for evaluation) and also in c:\Program files (x86)\Arduino

Seems there’s no compiler available for Sublime or I may not have shown it where to find it?

Any suggestion how t make it reachable or install it?
Thank you!
Luca

0 Likes

If you are facing the issue with the dll file then you need to download missing Cygwin1.dll file and then your problem will be solved

0 Likes