Sublime Forum

Customized Banner Message

Is it possible to customize Sublime Text v2.x or v3.x so that it displays a customized message either upon startup or permanently on a banner or menu bar? I’ve read some of the documentation on themes but I’m not sure if it’s possible.

0 Likes

You can display messages in the status bar if that would suit your needs. window.status_message("custom_message") will display the string custom_message in the status bar but it disappears after about 5 seconds or so. view.set_status(key, value) will set the status to the string value, only for the current open file (or technically view) & disappears after you shift the focus to some other file or tab but it still remains for the original file unless you erase it (by using view.erase_status(key)) or close it. So maybe a custom ViewEventListener might help where you could implement the on_load method & set the status there & then implement the on_close method & remove the status there. In this way, the custom message will always be displayed in the status bar for all files.

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestions. Is this functionality available in version 2.x and 3.x?

0 Likes

You can find the documentation for the methods I have described here. They are the docs for 3.x.

0 Likes

Thanks again!

0 Likes