Sublime Forum

Cursor problems when editing plugin .py file

OK, this is strange. I’m working on an ST3 plugin, and I’m having problems with the cursor when I’m editing the plugin in a sublime text view. When I use the arrows on my keyboard to move to cursor, the cursor appears to stay where it is, but it actually moves, so that if I start typing, it will be placed correctly… as long as I kept track of what arrows I pressed and how many times. The only visual indication of cursor movement is the background of the line numbers changing. I can still place the cursor anywhere with the mouse.

This only happens in the .py I’m editing for my plugin. I’ve closed and re-opened the file and re-created the file. ended up re-installing ST3, because I had other errors of missing files that required it, but as soon as I open that .py file and start working on it, the cursor stops working properly. Also, the icon in the tab that appears when you have unsaved changes is missing.

Any ideas why this might be happening? If it would help, I can post the contents of the .py file in question. For the moment, all the plugin does is open a new file view and display some text. I get no errors in the console when I make changes to the file and it reloads it.

Update: I discovered that there is also no undo/redo for this particular file.

0 Likes