Sublime Forum

Ctrl-V Doesn't Work?

Hi -

For some reason, Ctrl-V (paste) does not work in Sublime Text - it works fine in other applications so I don’t believe it’s any sort of system-wide problem. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mark Northam

0 Likes

Perhaps there is some plugin grabbing it before it gets to paste. Try entering “sublime.log_commands(True)” in the console. Then hit ctrl+v. You may also want to do “sublime.log_input(True)” to make sure the correct keys are being received by the editor.

0 Likes

Thanks for the console tip - I’m new to Sublime Text and didn’t know about that. I activated the logging as you suggested and each time I try and Paste from outside the program it says:

Unable to extract text from the clipboard, available formats: CF_UNICODETEXT, HTML Format, CF_LOCALE, CF_TEXT, CF_OEMTEXT

Any suggestions? I’m not sure where to configure Sublime Text to allow for any other text - I’m not trying to paste anything exotic, and am happy to have it just paste the text without any formatting, etc.

Thanks,

Mark

0 Likes

No idea sorry. Hopefully someone else who is a bit more knowledgable about this will come along. You may want to include the platform information and what version of ST just to be complete.

0 Likes

Take a look at this thread: Automatic Backup Plugin

0 Likes