Sublime Forum

Ctrl+p is not working

Hi Team,

Can you please resolve my issue…

0 Likes

Have you tried reverting to a freshly installed state. Do you have ctrl+p bound to anything in your key bindings.

0 Likes

I tried to revert still its not working.

When i try to press CTRL+P, it is only showing open file list.
There is no key binding in use key may.

But in default key map, it is like below,

{ “keys”: [“ctrl+p”], “command”: “show_overlay”, “args”: {“overlay”: “goto”, “show_files”: true} },

0 Likes

Do you have your folders added in the sidebar?

0 Likes

Its added, still it is showing open file list…

0 Likes

It’s supposed to show the opened files followed by all the files in folders added to the sidebar. Are you sure it still doesn’t show any of the files from the sidebar after reverting to a freshly installed state? Which OS/version are you using? Which version of Sublime Text are you using?

0 Likes

It is only showing Open file in the side bar.

I am using window 10 and sublime text 3.

0 Likes

Which version of Sublime Text 3? Could you provide a screenshot of the issue?

0 Likes

Version 3.2.2, Build 3211

0 Likes

You don’t have any folders added to the sidebar. Use File>Open Folder…, or Project>Add Folder to Project….

0 Likes

Now it is working.

Thank You…

0 Likes

Now CTRL+P is working properly.

But every time i am closing Sublime and reopening it, its trying to reload all the files again and again. As i have huge number of files in the root folder, its taking too much time to reload all the files.
Is there any way to fix it?

0 Likes

Is the indexing taking a lot of time or just loading all the files? If you want to exclude certain folders you can use folder_exclude_patterns.

0 Likes

I don’t know about the indexing.

But every time i am opening sublime it’s loading all the file from scratch level.

0 Likes

That’s normal behavior. Sublime Text needs to find all the files in the folders you’ve added to do indexing and display up-to-date information in the side-bar. Even if we used a cache from the last time Sublime Text started we’d still have to go through all folders to find any changes when Sublime Text starts.

0 Likes

Ok, Thank you

0 Likes