Sublime Forum

Ctrl opt enter no longer does replace all on Mac

ctrl opt enter no longer does replace all on Mac. This worked before and then after one of the updates it quit working. I kept waiting for an update to fix it but a few updates later it still does not work .

-pat

0 Likes

This still works for me in Build 3175 on MacOS 10.10.5. Possibly an update to MacOS, to one of the packages that you use or a customization you made to your user key bindings may be getting in the way.

To double check, I would recommend opening the Sublime Console with View > Show Console and turning on input and command logging with:

sublime.log_commands(True)
sublime.log_input(True)

Once you’ve done that, try the replace all operation and check the console to see what it says. In particular, I see something like this when I hit that key combination in the replace panel:

key evt: control+alt+enter
command: replace_all {"close_panel": true}

If you don’t see the key evt for the key you pressed, it means that something outside of Sublime is catching the key and blocking Sublime from seeing that it’s happening. This could be caused by an update to MacOS (for example if that key is now special to the OS in some way) or by some external application that you’re running.

If you see the key event then the most likely problem would be that the command is not the one outlined above; in that case a likely culprit is that the key bindings have been changed (by a package you use or something you did yourself) to change what that key does. The command that you see may help in determining what’s happened.

0 Likes

You are correct. When I open the console I see other events getting captured but nothing when I hit ctrl opt enter. I searched through the keyboard shortcut settings and didn’t see that combination listed anywhere. I also don’t see anything else happening when I click that key combination but I’ll have to search figure out what’s trapping that event.

Thanks a bunch,

-pat

0 Likes

'twas Magnet: http://magnet.crowdcafe.com/

It uses the same key combo to maximize the window. I removed shortcut and I’m back in business.

-pat

2 Likes