Sublime Forum

Ctrl+k, ctrl+b not working

As I understand ctrl+k, ctrl+b should toggle the sidebar works on my windows machine.
Installed new Ubuntu machine and key shortcut not working.
It works from menu (but I done see the shortcut there).
In my “prefences-keybinding-default” I see:
{ “keys”: [“ctrl+k”, “ctrl+b”], “command”: “toggle_side_bar” }

it seems that ctrl+k is not bound to anything but strill ctrl+k,ctrl+b gives:
No build system.

any ideas?

0 Likes

Works for me on Ubuntu 15.10 x64 with ST3 build 3111 fresh install. ctrl+k quickly followed by ctrl+b when you have a project open (without a project, there is no sidebar to toggle).

0 Likes

What does the console print after you entered sublime.log_commands(True); sublime.log_input(True) and use the key binding?

0 Likes

key evt: control+k
key evt: control+b
command: build

1 Like

Actually there is, it just shows the open files.

0 Likes

a project exists
i can toggle sidebar from menu but not from keyboard shortcuts

0 Likes

ah, ok - I stand corrected :slight_smile: I guess I had no files open when I tried, just a never-before-saved tab :wink:

EDIT: ah, I see it is a separate option :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes. That’s right. It should work :slight_smile:

0 Likes

In case anyone else is looking for this, chances are the “You’re using an unregistered version of sublime text” popup came up and somehow got sent to the background without you noticing. This causes chord hotkeys to fail. Just close the popup and you’ll be good.

0 Likes

I know this is an old post, but thought I would share how I got around this.

First off, I am running Linux (KDE Neon 5.12.4) and had the “ctrl+k,ctrl+b” shortcut stop working for some reason.

I placed this in my user key bindings file to change the shortcut to Ctrl+m (think Menu) instead. Not sure why ctrl+k, ctrl+b doesnt work anymore, but truth be told, I actually like this binding better.

[
    { "keys": ["ctrl+m"], "command": "toggle_side_bar" },
]

Here is the original binding for ctrl+m

{ "keys": ["ctrl+m"], "command": "move_to", "args": {"to": "brackets"} },

but I never use that command anyway…

0 Likes

Hey So I ran into this problem as well and after playing around for a bit I found out that if there was only one key mapping to the toggle side bar command it works. So I just added this line to the .sublime_keymap:

{ "keys": ["ctrl+b"], "command": "toggle_side_bar" }
0 Likes