Sublime Forum

CTRL-BACKSPACE inserts invisible 0x7F (DEL) character

Iā€™m running a clean install of Windows 8.1 and a clean install of Sublime Text 3.

After a few minutes of working in Sublime, using ctrl-backspace starts inserting a DEL character (0x7F) after removing a word. This character is completely invisible, but can be deleted by just using backspace. Heck, I can even copy and paste it (although because it is invisible, nothing visually changes. I just have X copies of a character that screws up my code).

If I restart Sublime, it behaves normally for a while.

The only package Iā€™m using is SFTP, but it only does something when I save, not while I edit.

Any ideas?

2 Likes

Prompts causing copy/paste/editing problems

A bit late but here it goes:

Same happened to me today. It seems it had something to do with the ā€˜Purchase Licenseā€™-Window in the background.
After I closed it ctrl-backspaced worked normal again.

3 Likes

That solved it for me, thanks!

0 Likes

wow. This was never an issue for me until recently (happened first a bit before the 3103 update actually.)

any way the ST3 team could make that not happen? I thought that window was modal?

0 Likes

I was about to post another issue, but it seems to be related to this. When the Purchase License window is in the background, if I highlight multiple lines of text and hit tab it erases all of the code I had selected, except the last line, which it indents. If I then undo (ctrl+z) all the erased code shows up, and is indented as well.

This happens in any file format (js, php, and even plain old txt.) :scream:

0 Likes

This also happened to me today, but not with the Purchase-License screen, with an open project dialogue in the background. Closing the dialogue seems to heve resolved it.

Using build 3114.

0 Likes

Canā€™t believe it was that simpleā€¦ lol, thanks!

0 Likes

This issue occurred for me today. I had an ā€œOpen Fileā€¦ā€ dialog open in the background which was opened from a different Sublime Text window. Closing that dialog solved the issue immediately (did not have to close any windows other than the ā€œOpen Fileā€¦ā€ dialog.)

0 Likes

Still not sure what the root cause is here, but weā€™ve got a workaround in the pipeline

0 Likes

Have there been any updates to this issue? Iā€™m on build 3211 and just had this issue occur.

0 Likes

i also facing problem similar to you. . . . . .

0 Likes