Sublime Forum

Ctrl+a definition?

I don’t see the ctrl+a definition in the keymap file. Where is it? I want to set super+left to do what ctrl+a does.

0 Likes

In what keymap file have you searched for it ? It’s present in Default/Default (operating_system).sublime-keymap, operating_system = Windows, Linux, OSX.
In order to access it, go to command palette & from there search for View Package File -> Default/Default (operating_system).sublime-keymap, based on your os. Use Find to search for ctrl + a. Take that entry, copy it to the User file & change the keys to super + left. The ctrl + a functionality will still work as before unless you override it with a new command.

0 Likes

I searched in “Default (OSX).sublime-keymap”. “ctrl+a” is not there.

0 Likes

These type of events aren’t handled by the keymap. Instead cocoa handles them separately and just hands Sublime Text an event name, which we then turn into an actual command. These may be overridable at the OS level, but I’m not familiar enough with OSX to be sure. Using sublime.log_commands(True) in the console reveals that the command run is: move_to {"to": "hardbol"} for ctrl+a.

1 Like

Thanks, that works:

{ "keys": ["super+left"], "command": "move_to", "args": {"to": "hardbol"} },
{ "keys": ["super+right"], "command": "move_to", "args": {"to": "hardeol"} },
0 Likes