Sublime Forum

CSS Autocompletion not working

I read an old thread from 2013 headed “ST3 Bug? CSS selector auto completion popup does not work” except by using Ctrl-Space. This still seems to be the case for me - has any fix emerged?

1 Like

For reference, the post you’re referring to is this one (a link lets others see the previous discusion without having to search on their own).

That said, what version of Sublime are you running? Are you using some external CSS package as is mentioned by @kingkeith in this post in that thread?

In particular, this seems to work OK for me with stock Sublime, unless you have a more specific scenario in mind?

0 Likes

Thanks for that very helpful illustration. Sorry about the lack of ref to the old thread. What you are getting here is exactly what I want and indeed what happens if I press Ctrl-Space but the popup doesn’t happen when I type. I running ST3 version 3.1.1 build 3176 (Windows 10) and have 4 packages that might be relevant: CSS3, emmet, hayaku and sublimecodeintel. Do you think there might be a conflict?

0 Likes

After installing CSS3 the package says

If you have Emmet installed, its completions will drown out the carefully
researched, standards-based completions offered by this package. You can hide
Emmet completions without disabling them by adding this line to your Emmet
package settings.

"show_css_completions": false // strongly recommended

I won’t install Emmet to check that, but it might be a candidate for your issue. It at least intercepts auto completions.

0 Likes

I’ve seen reports here of those two conflicting.

0 Likes

Emmet tends to conflict with everything.

1 Like

I tried that but it didn’t work. However I uninstalled Hayaku and now the popup is working correctly - so there is the conflict. Many thanks for your interest.

1 Like

Thanks very much for the response. It turned out that Hayaku was the bad boy and with that uninstalled I’m working OK. Pity though as I like Hayaku.

1 Like

i don’t have any css installation and still have the same problem. what is the solution?
:frowning:

0 Likes

Can you try these solutions :
1- go to Preferences > Settings , in the user section just add
“auto_complete”: true

2- select inside your css/scss file then go to View -> Syntax -> look at for css or scss and retry !

Hope this help you !

0 Likes