Sublime Forum

"CreateProcess failed" message when trying to stage any file

Hi,

(Apologies if there is a better place to post error messages!)

I’m getting the following error when trying to stage any file, I believe since the last update (I’m on Build 1097). Full message is something like “CreateProcess: failed the system cannot find the file specified.”

Also, I saw a message that Git LFS couldn’t be found and I couldn’t figure out why, because it was working before. I definitely have it installed for the git that I use in mingw (the one that ships with Git For Windows), I’m not sure if sublime merge uses this.

If I can help provide any more information, glad to do so.

Thanks!
Rich

0 Likes

Help (menu) -> Debug Information would be useful, as would your git_binary preference

1 Like

Ah, thanks for the tip @kingkeith, that’s very useful. It revealed the issue I was having, that I had tried to set the path to the mingw64 git exe manually but got the path wrong (and shouldn’t have been trying to specify this one anyway):

=== App Version Information ===
Build: 1097

=== Git Version Information ===
Using Git: /mingw64/bin/git (custom)

I switched it to “system” and it is picking the correct version, “C:\Program Files\Git\cmd\git.exe (system)” (after reading this stackoverflow anyway, which explains what the various versions of git.exe are).

I’m not sure why I was getting the Git LFS error messages before after upgrading, I do recall that when I first messed with the git_binary preference, I believe it was set to “bundled”.

Anyway all good here, thanks and Sublime Merge is looking really sharp!

cheers,
Rich

1 Like