Ah, thanks for the tip @kingkeith, that's very useful. It revealed the issue I was having, that I had tried to set the path to the mingw64 git exe manually but got the path wrong (and shouldn't have been trying to specify this one anyway):
=== App Version Information ===
=== Git Version Information ===
Using Git: /mingw64/bin/git (custom)
I switched it to "system" and it is picking the correct version, "C:\Program Files\Git\cmd\git.exe (system)" (after reading this stackoverflow anyway, which explains what the various versions of git.exe are).
I'm not sure why I was getting the Git LFS error messages before after upgrading, I do recall that when I first messed with the
git_binary preference, I believe it was set to "bundled".
Anyway all good here, thanks and Sublime Merge is looking really sharp!