Sublime Forum

Crazy CPU usage without any configurations

Hi,

Ive been using sublime for many years but the recent months it has a constant CPU usage of 23% from when opening it, even without any folders opened. Today I was so sick of it so I uninstalled sublime and did a fresh reinstall and after a little while it happened again.

Sublime version: 3.2.2 Build 3211 on windows 10 machine.

The CPU usage happens with the straight out of the box installation and when only having a tiny 12 lines python script open. I tried to check if it was the indexing but it says Status: Idle. I also tried disabling it with no effect.

I really love sublime, but this doesnt work for me anymore. Anyone know a possible solution?

0 Likes

ST stores packages, the index and some cache files in %APPDATA%\Sublime Text 3. Maybe one of them is causing issues.

I’d suggest to delete everything within the %APPDATA%\Sublime Text 3\Cache and %APPDATA%\Sublime Text 3\Index directory and rename the %APPDATA%\Sublime Text 3\Local\Session.sublime_session

0 Likes

Thank you for the tip. I tried it and there is sadly no change. Sublime is running on full speed no matter if I have a ton of large files open or an empty one…

0 Likes

Simply uninstalling and reinstalling Sublime Text does not give you a fresh environment. Have you tried reverting to a freshly installed state?

0 Likes

Yeah, that is what deathaxe recommended to do. I removed all the data from %Appdata but the problem still persists. Thanks for input!

0 Likes

Are you using git? Could you try the setting "show_git_status": false. Does the high CPU also present with an empty window?

0 Likes

I have git. I tried setting it to false, but it makes no difference. If I have an empty window the usage is 0%, so it happens at once when I open something. Opening any window with some text makes it spike.

0 Likes

If you just have a window open and paste some text the cpu spikes?

0 Likes

It seems like it is working properly now. I believe it must have been the git configuration but I have also turned of the indexing.

“show_git_status”: false,
“index_files”: false,

Thank you for your help!

0 Likes