Sublime Forum

Crash when clicking on commit

A major bugfix in the current 2004 build of Sublime Merge.

When I click a a recent commit, the app crashes. This makes the build completely unusable and I had to switch to the stable channel…

When starting the app in safe-mode, there is no crash.

0 Likes

Crash on clicking branch in tree (Build 2003)

Hi @steveooo9,

The fact that the app does not crash in safe mode suggests a third-party syntax is causing issues.

What file types are you dealing with in the repository?
What packages do you have installed for Sublime Text?

Thanks,
- Dylan

0 Likes

Hello,

I am having following in the Installed Packages folder in Sublime Text:

I am dealing with Twig, PHP, … files.

0_package_control_loader.sublime-package
ApacheConf.sublime-package
CSS3.sublime-package
ColorHints.sublime-package
Craft-Twig.sublime-package
DocBlockr.sublime-package
Emmet.sublime-package
HTML5.sublime-package
Laravel Blade Highlighter.sublime-package
PHP Companion.sublime-package
PHP-Twig.sublime-package
Package Control.sublime-package
PyV8/
Sass.sublime-package
0 Likes

Here are my settings (one large image with 5 screenshots embedded):

0 Likes

@djohnston Well, it seems to be mostly when commits had PHP files…

0 Likes

Hi @steveooo9,

A few users have reported issues with the CSS3 package previously. Could you try temporarily disabling this package? (Either uninstall the package, or set it as an ignored package in the settings file which can be found under Preferences > Edit Settings…, and set using "ignored_packages": ["CSS3"])

Thanks,
- Dylan

0 Likes

You mean disabling it in ST3, not SM? I did that and still the issue.

It seems to be a problem with PHP files. It crashed also on commits with no PHP files, but currently all commits with PHP files, it crashed.

0 Likes

You’ll have to disable it in Sublime Merge, as they use separate settings files.

Open up Sublime Merge, select Preferences > Edit settings and add "ignored_packages": ["CSS3"]

Then restart the client. Let me know if the problem still persists :slight_smile:

0 Likes

It works! What the…??! Thank you!

Any ideas on why this is such a bug this package? Because the thing is: It seems to crash on PHP files here and shows CSS files, so pretty random why the CSS3 plugin crashes things…

Are there any other packages I need to disable for a bug-free experience?
Also: Am I able to diable all packages in in Sublime Merge? Because I want the fastest and most stable experience and maybe some random package is limiting this…

0 Likes

I also discovered this issue. In my case, it occurred during a merge of two branches containing JS, CSS, and TWIG files. After ignoring CSS3, it works like a charm.

What happens here? @djohnston , do you may have a hint for me? I’m thinking about contacting the developer of the package CSS3 to find a solution.

0 Likes