Sublime Forum

CRASH on Find in files

Hi,
Sublimetext 3 build 3083 crashes with the following regex search (+2000 files to parse):

find: SELECT ocv_id*(.|\n)WHERE benf_id
where: C:\mydir,
.sql

the search succeeds if I restrict the search on less files (C:\mydir,foo*.sql)

.dmp file upload failed.

best regards

0 Likes

It’s not just regex search. I randomly crash when I open Find in Files… always the same large folder structure in scope, rarely a regex, but the crash is very random. Maybe every third try or thereabouts. Only since upgrade to macOS Sierra, though.

0 Likes

hmm, OP has got catastrophic backtracking going on, so that’s hardly surprising, but I’ve not seen ST crash with non-regex searches before… but Sierra seems to have caused a few problems in ST…

0 Likes

We fixed regex crashes in build 3098. If you can reproduce crashes in 3126, let me know.

0 Likes

I get the spinning beachball of death on build 3176 when I try and search through to many files (yes, I realize that I’m not going to get results that are useful when searching “home” across 7 react app projects but I’d still prefer it not lock up and force me to force quit it).

0 Likes

Is there a remote filesystem involved? I’ve had issues in the past with flaky Samba shares.

0 Likes

Nope, all local, seems to happen with normal searches (but probably regex ones too).

0 Likes