Sublime Forum

Copy Paste Not Working

I searched for this problem before posting. I found entries from 2012 and 2015 - none with a permanent solution. Here it is 2018 and I am experiencing the exact same problem.

Window 7, 64bit
Sublime version 3.1.1 build 3176

Keyboard Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, Ctrl+X stops working.
Same edit menu options stop working.

Yes, can copy and paste outside Sublime. The issue is within the app.

If I close the app and reopen it then it will work a few times and then stop. An important note is that pasting will result in a blank line being inserted into the document. Also note that undo, Ctrl+Z continues to work.

I have a single user license, No updates are available at this time. When will this issue be permanently resolved?

Thanks

0 Likes

Just to cover all bases, have you tested with a stock portable installation to rule out that there is some plugin or third party package that’s doing something naughty?

0 Likes

100% of the time this has been reported, it’s turned out to be caused by an anti-virus program

0 Likes

It appears the problem, at least from my end, is caused by working on two different projects at the same time and having multiple instances of the app open at the same time. Close one and the problem goes away. That is what I’m experiencing at the moment.

Thanks for the replies.

0 Likes

What the abs f. Copy pasting between apps and ST3 is now broken?

First the package manager is broken, now copy/paste doesn’t work.

I used to love this editor, I’ve given up now.

0 Likes

Try to erase the content surrounded by [ ] in the file “Default (Windows).sublime-keymap” in the foider “AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 3\Packages\User\User”
It works for me

1 Like