I am a long time SE user, but lately (1 year ago), i had to switch to VSCODE as it has a lot more features then sublime, and helps me code better.
I use it mainly to do frontend work (Html, CSS, JS, VUE, TYPESCRIPT).
Here is what i would like Sublime to offer:
- better Goto Definition (works in PHP, no chance in JS/TS VUE)
- better autocomplete (currently it has no clue of variables/methods declared in other files, although part of the same project)
- CSS autocomplete with multiple SCSS is useless, does not even know the basic CSS rules, and overrides mostly with total useless “variables”. (it also should put the ; after i chose a dropdown option)
- multi terminal (i would like to run my npm scripts just like i do from VSCODE)
- better Git UI/integration (tbh, i got so used to VSCODE one it’s hard to compete with the UI right now)
- syntax specific colored TABS!!! FFS!!!
Mainly what i want it to do, is to KNOW about variables, methods across the project/folder. It only does know, autocomplete wise, if the files are open. (ps: no i wont have all files open for this to work)
So, what plugins am i missing?
(i have: All Autocomplete, Bracket Highlighter, Color Highlighter, Git, JsNext, es6 syntax highlight, LESS, SCSS, Local History, Sidebar Enhancements, SublimeCodeIntel, SublimeLinter, Sublimerege Pro, VueJs Complete Package )
ps: i heard about LSP, but i am too lasy to test it considering i will be missing everything above.
Thank you upfront.
I am on a Mac and VSCode is sluggish, slow, well Electron level slow …