Sublime Forum

Color Wheel Needed. Feature Request

Hey how’s it going. Been trialing sublime text for a little while so decided to finally purchase and buy it tonight.

It’s definitely the best ordinary text editor in my opinion without being a full fledged IDE but it is lacking one single feature that I have appreciated in my past web development tools and that’s a color wheel.

Visual Studio Code has one so that’s one text editor that does support this and most IDEs do but for a text editor comparison VS Code definitely has this feature.

Congrats on just releasing Sublime Text 3. I’m glad it has finally been released to the public.

Please consider this request. It saves tons of time when your coding a template.

Regards,

Brad

0 Likes

Do you mean something like this?

https://packagecontrol.io/packages/ColorPick

There is also this plugin that could be very useful

https://packagecontrol.io/packages/Color%20Highlighter

0 Likes

Yes I checked that out. It’s only for Mac OS X though. I’m on Windows.

There’s another one called “Color Picker” that’s for Windows too that seems fairly decent but I still think it should be a core feature. Also thanks for sharing your second link. I’ll definitely check it out at a later date.

I’m new so I don’t expect the creators to jump at the chance to make this request a reality. However, I can guarantee this missing feature would be a much greater improvement for web devs like me who would be using it every single day. Anyways I appreciate your reply.

0 Likes

ColorHelper is the best for color stuff, brilliant package.

3 Likes

Checked it out just now. I appreciate it. I like the tooltips. Something like that would be my feature request with a scheme similar to color picker. I didn’t like color helpers use of the color palette but it had an option to use color picker with color helper at the same time so that was nice. Anyways thanks.

0 Likes

ColorHelper was mainly a big experiment that turned out to be pretty suseful. There’s probably some impractical things in it, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. It’s free. I wish I had more time to work on it. If I ever get around to it, there is a lot I’d rewrite. But hopefully there are some useful things in there :wink:.

1 Like

Only thing I’d like is that it supported more extensions by default, for example I had to edit settings to edit XML, Sublime themes and hidden themes.

0 Likes

The good news is that it is configurable :wink:.

0 Likes

Yes but unexperienced users won’t know much where to put their hands on, and having more supported files by default (where it make sense) is a help :slight_smile:

0 Likes