Sublime Forum

Color picker - color insertion

Somebody might want to play with this.

I keep getting this error:

Reloading plugin C:\Users\James.Brooks\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Color Picker\color_picker.py Traceback (most recent call last): File ".\sublime_plugin.py", line 61, in reload_plugin File ".\color_picker.py", line 3, in <module> import Tkinter File ".\Tkinter.py", line 39, in <module> import _tkinter # If this fails your Python may not be configured for Tk ImportError: No module named _tkinter

Directions from Jon:

[code]* Copying _tkinter.pyd (and perhaps the tcl*.dll and tk*.dll) files from C:\Python26\DLLs to C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 2 (making sure you’re copying from the 64 bit version of Python if you’re using the 64 bit version of Sublime Text 2

• Copying C:\Python26\lib\lib-tk to your package directory, so that it’ll be found when you import the modules.[/code]

Unpack this Zip into your Packages directory. If someone can get this to work you’ll be a leg-end.

0 Likes

I Made a plugin that does pretty much what TextMate did

check out github.com/jnordberg/sublime-colorpick

0 Likes

Looks pretty sweet!
Two things:
I had to change line 17 from:

args = [path.join(sublime.packages_path(), 'ColorPick', 'bin', 'colorpick')]
to

args = [path.join(sublime.packages_path(), 'sublime-colorpick', 'bin', 'colorpick')]
because the default folder name when you check out the repo is the repo name,
and I had to chmod +x the colorpick binary.

0 Likes

Works great. One thing I noticed though: when the color panel is open, Sublime seems to stall until I close the colorpicker (gives me the SBBOD…) Other than that its seems great.

0 Likes

Ah, so close! A few things:

1. I added this simple bit to handle 3-color hex shorthand:
      if len(selected) == 3:
        selected += selected
  1. A bigger problem: if I close the Color Picker instead of clicking “Pick!” it goes into beachball and I have to force-quit ST2.

2. Is it just me, or does it always open in HSB Sliders mode? It would be great if you could set that with something like /bin/colorpick -startPanel HexPicker or -startPanel ColorWheel. Not at all sure if that’s even possible, but it would be really helpful.

I would love to have this functionality working like TM, thanks for getting this started.

0 Likes

Oh :frowning:

I get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./sublime_plugin.py", line 282, in run_
  File "./ColorPick.py", line 21, in run
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 623, in __init__
    errread, errwrite)
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 1141, in _execute_child
    raise child_exception
OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied
0 Likes

Glad you guys like it :smile:

Nice, i gladly accept pull requests on github

See github.com/jnordberg/color-pick/issues/1

[quote=“natebeaty”]
3. Is it just me, or does it always open in HSB Sliders mode? It would be great if you could set that with something like /bin/colorpick -startPanel HexPicker or -startPanel ColorWheel. Not at all sure if that’s even possible, but it would be really helpful.

I would love to have this functionality working like TM, thanks for getting this started.[/quote]

Yeah, i hardcoded it like that since thats the mode i’m using myself :smile: Cocoa’s NSColorPanel allows you to set modes, i should make the binary remember what mode was last used and start up using that.

0 Likes

Oh, and please make an issue on the github page if you have any problems or feature requests.

0 Likes

[quote=“jbrooksuk”]Oh :frowning:

I get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last): File "./sublime_plugin.py", line 282, in run_ File "./ColorPick.py", line 21, in run File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 623, in __init__ errread, errwrite) File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 1141, in _execute_child raise child_exception OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied [/quote]

You have to chmod +x the executable (sublime-colorpick/bin/colorpick).

0 Likes

Mas OS X only…

Me sad :frowning:

0 Likes

Windows version (needs Powershell):

github.com/jeffory/ST2-Color-Picker

0 Likes

Color Picker plugin

[quote=“jeffory”]Windows version (needs Powershell):

github.com/jeffory/ST2-Color-Picker[/quote]

If you have not used Powershell before, you have to start the command interface ( on Windows 7 just write powershell in the search box from the Start Menu ) and write in it the following code :

Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned

After that, Powershell should be available for use, and the Colour Picker should work.

This happens because Powershell is blocked by default ( you can’t run any code ).

For more details visit : http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee176949.aspx

0 Likes