Sublime Forum

Color (and font aliasing) CHAOS

Continuing the discussion from Monokai.tmTheme edit for selection background colors:

Anomalies abound, I am afraid. I noticed while posting last reply to you (FichteFoll) that out-of-focus window containing HTML had an incorrect highlight on line 19 (see cap below). The botched highlight was the third window down - natch, I opened half a dozen Windows after, with same two Sublime Default color scheme and Sublime Settings files top and second, consecutively. I could not reproduce the botch where the HTML file highlight almost vanished. Sigh of relief, all not_in_focus Sublime windows wth selections use the highlight as "Preferences.sublime-settings in the capture below. Concerned?

If only Sublime were doing font aliasing for Safari.
Actually, I will be mentioning this post to the Apple engineers today!

0 Likes

Monokai.tmTheme edit for selection background colors

Unfortunately your posts tend to be very long-winded, and very hard to follow. If you can try posting shorter posts, and focus on small concrete examples with an explanation.

As an example, this posts talks about:

• Monokai background colors
  • Out of focus HTML line highlight
  • Default color scheme
  • not_in_focus?
  • A screenshot of Preferences.sublime-settings using a third-party theme
  • “Makes code easy to read”
  • Safari and Apple engineers

I don’t know what your issue is, or what you are actually trying to get help with.

3 Likes

Apple notified of possible Sublime solution half an hour ago… FichteFoll busy with new beta? Anyway, some engineer last week pointed out that Sublime antialias was damaged by displaying (Mac/Windows/Ubuntu) “color blobs” in stead of appropriate gray-scale antialias, and shortly Sublime became first app in two years with correct antialias for text on OS X. Sublime can help Apple to un-blob all the other apps on OS X?

0 Likes

I’m not working on Sublime Text or for Sublime HQ Pty Ltd.

0 Likes