Sublime Forum

CMD + SHIFT + L selection no longer working

Hello, I’m on Sublime 3.2.2 on OSX 11.0.1 and my ability to select multiple lines using CMD + SHIFT + L seems to have stopped working. I would normally use it to select a block of lines to be able to move to the end (for example) and make multiple changes across multiple lines.

I’ve tried everything but can’t figure out why this has stopped working. I have Alfred installed so thought that they keyboard shortcut could have been stolen by another application but can’t see that being the case. Does anyone have any ideas what may have happened to me?

thanks in advance,
Ranj

0 Likes

Try typing sublime.log_commands(True) & sublime.log_input(True) in the console (View -> Show Console) and then press cmd + shift + l and see what get’s logged into the console.

0 Likes

thanks for your suggestion - unfortunately the console log returns me nothing for that command. I can see the log showing my logs for other keystroke events (ie select_all)

0 Likes

If no input is logged at all then another application is taking the key inputs.

0 Likes

thanks very much - found the culprit using ShortcutDetective.

Ranj

0 Likes

Thanks, this was helpful to me as well.

Shortcut Detective - https://www.irradiatedsoftware.com/labs/

My culprit was the Loom screencasting software. I’m not sure if they had an update recently, but this just started happening to me recently. Easy enough to fix, Loom lets you update shortcuts in Preferences.

0 Likes