Sublime Forum

Closing files without saving?

Hi all, I am new to Sublime and I 've made the mistake to click ‘close all’ before clicking ‘save all’. The problem is that I had 4000 files open :frowning: and I have to click yes/no for each individually. I don’t need to save them - I have a back up but how on earth do I remove them from the system? There are still there when I reopen Sublime. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software but it didn’t work - files are still there. Is there anything I can do? Thanks

0 Likes

You have a few options…

0 Likes

Hi! That was so quick. I can’t do the first or the third option. I made the mistake (another one) to delete this folder of files from my computer hoping that they would disappear. Clicking ‘save all’ asks me to choose a location and save each file individually. Option three doesn’t work either - it’s asking me to confirm I am not saving for each file. I am interested in the second bullet point, but I am not sure I understand the instructions. Would it be possible to break it down for me? I’m really new to this.

0 Likes

I got it! Ignore my second response. A friend explained the second instruction. Thanks again!!!

0 Likes

Respectfully, all three of these approaches feel like workarounds to a glaring UX problem.

There is a clear use-case for when a user has made 1000’s of changes to 1000’s of files and doesn’t want to save.

It’s ridiculous to have to restart the application to proceed from this point — which is the only option of the three above that’s at all workable.

0 Likes

https://packagecontrol.io/packages/Close%20All%20without%20Confirmation

0 Likes