Sublime Forum

Chrome slow when ST3 is full screen on an external monitor (MacOS 10.14.6)

Chrome is slow when I have a Sublime Text 3 full screened on an external monitor. If I move the fullscreen window to the main display, the slowness goes away. It doesn’t seem to matter which display Chrome is on, or if it is full screen.

0 Likes

Sublime shouldn’t have any impact on chrome, maybe there’s a vram/ram issue? Could you try using the "gpu_window_buffer": false setting?

0 Likes

I’ve added that and I’ll give it a few days. The issue tends to clear up if I restart ST, and reappears some undefined time later (typically same day).

I opened activity monitor and could see my GPU usage pegged for the 10 minutes before I changed the setting. It dropped down immediately upon closing ST, has only gone as high as 70% once in the last 10 minutes. Chrome has been fine so far. ST speed seems unaffected.

0 Likes

Are you on macOS? if so, which version?

0 Likes

MacOS 10.14.6.
It’s in the title :slight_smile:

0 Likes

I opened activity monitor and could see my GPU usage pegged

Is that compute usage or vram usage? Could you see which process was causing that?

0 Likes

@bschaaf I believe that’s compute, but it’s not labelled. I’m not sure if there’s a way to show VRAM usage.

I set "gpu_window_buffer": false on Friday, and haven’t had any issues yet this week. ST performance isn’t noticeably different.

0 Likes

I found a program called XRG that’ll show VRAM usage. Looks like it probably is an issue.

0 Likes