Sublime Forum

Change Background Color

I am trying to change a theme file. I see that there might be a Packages\User directory… but there is no folder called User… when I ctrl-shift P I see “Preferences - Browse Packages” but that only takes me to the settings file - I need to get to the folder and file that gives me the RGB or whatever it is so I can change these colors.

0 Likes

You need to go to Packages -> Theme (whatever you use), then edit the .tmTheme file for that theme.
It has the RGB setting you need.

0 Likes

Thanks for the help - but I don’t have a Packages: Theme… in fact I have nothing with the word “theme” nor “color” in it nor the word Monokai, which is the theme I like to use. Could it be under something else? I’m on build 3126

0 Likes

The files are zipped and not folders by default. You should have a look at https://packagecontrol.io/packages/PackageResourceViewer

1 Like

Very good that works - this is crazy software. Now all I need to do is find the background feature.

0 Likes

ColorSchemeEditor is your best friend right now! Note that you’ll still need to extract the containing package with for it to work I think.

0 Likes

The Default theme is confusingly called Color Scheme - Default, which contains all the variants, but you know that now.
You didn’t mention which theme you were using. There are hundreds of themes. Check out Package Control - Themes.

0 Likes

1.open Submline text Editor
2. Press Ctrl+Shift+P
3. In type Select theme then chose the side meu color.
4. Select COlor scheme color Choose the background that u want
Thankx :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

0 Likes