Sublime Forum

Certain preferences don't work as project-specific settings?

Adding a setting to a project file is supposed to override the same setting in my user preferences, right? This works correctly for some settings (font_size, scroll_past_end) but not others (show_git_status, index_files). I have a very large project that can’t handle all the git and index scanning, so I need to turn those off for that project while leaving them enabled for others:

User prefs:

{
	"index_files": true,
	"show_git_status": true,
	"font_size": 12,
	"scroll_past_end": true
}

bigproject.sublime-project:

{
	"folders":
	[
		{
			"path": "bigproject"
		}
	],
	"settings":
	{
		"index_files": false,        # no effect - it's still indexing
		"show_git_status": false,    # no effect - it's still showing git status
		"font_size": 14,             # this overrides correctly
		"scroll_past_end": false     # this overrides correctly
	}
}

Yes I am restarting ST after changing, but still no luck. Is it known/intentional that certain settings don’t work at the project level? Or am I doing something wrong?

Version 3.2.2 Build 3211
MacOS 10.14.6

0 Likes

That’s by intention. index_files and show_git_status are global only settings. You even need to restart for the latter one to take effect.

0 Likes

Indeed; in fact it’s specifically outlined in the docs:

PER-PROJECT SETTINGS
Settings can be set on a per-project basis, details are in the Project Documentation.
Note that only Editor Settings can be specified in project settings.

If you look in the settings on the left when you do Preferences > Settings, there is a comment section in the file labeled User Interface Settings and then below that Application Behaviour Settings. Any settings in those two sections is not an Editor setting and thus not allowed in the project specific settings.

0 Likes

Oh ok, thanks. Bummer.

0 Likes