Sublime Forum

Caret/cursor Stops Updating when Moved

Hi all,

I got a new laptop recently for work and I went ahead and installed sublime with all the plugins I needed. In particular, I included the plugic StataEditor (https://github.com/mattiasnordin/StataEditor).

This plugin is causing an issue with the caret. Specifically, when I try to use the arrow keys to move around the caret in the text editor, it doesn’t update it’s position until I let the arrow key go, at which point it (presumably) ends up at its destination.

I narrowed it down to the plugin above by bruteforcing my way through all the plugins. I started with a fresh sublime install with no plugins, and tried installing plugins one by one until the problem arose. I have now uninstalled the plugin and sublime works well. But unfortunately, the plugin was a core part of my workflow so it would be great if I could use it again. Any help, even to diagnose the issue is appreciated.

I am using Windows 8 and am pretty much a noob when it comes to this stuff. So really, you’ll have to ELI5 on this one.

Apologies in advance for anything.

Thanks

0 Likes