Sublime Forum

Can't see underscore in filenames (linux only)

Hi folks,

I tried hard to find any hints about my “problem”, but i couldn’t find anything (forum, g00gle, …)

I’m not able to see underscores in filenames - this depends to the tab titles and the sidebar. I’ve noticed this only in linux (ubuntu 16.04) - in windows everything works fine. I tried it with multiple devices with always the same result.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes

i’m on ubuntu 16.04 too, and i have a similar problem with tab titles, but sidebar seems ok!

i’m currently using my own custom hacked theme.

0 Likes

could it be font related?

0 Likes

that’s what i was thinking…

if i reduce my text size in the theme, it manages to fit all of the ‘text block’, including underscores ok

even with stupidly big tabs, the underscores still don’t show if the font-size is > 11

is there a way of changing the font-face used in the theme?

0 Likes

ah, I’m afraid you’re running into this bug:

I’ve not done much theme work, but this package seems to change the font face:
https://packagecontrol.io/packages/Boxy%20Theme%20Addon%20-%20Font%20Face

0 Likes

yep - i tries changing the theme font, but problem still persists - underscores and descenders get cropped off

my theme is actually a heavily hacked version of Boxy - but don’t think that is at all relevant, since OP seems to be using vanilla theme.

0 Likes

OK, it seems to be definitely a font thing. I could fix the problem in the meantime - but only for the sidebar. Here’s what I did:

• Created a file named “Default.sublime-theme” in the /Packages/User/ folder
  • Filled in the following code:

• For the sidebar_label: Values above 12 will show the underscore
  • For the tab_label: Values below 9 will show the underscores (but doesn’t satisfy me, it’s too small)
0 Likes

I experience this issue when I change menu/title-bar scale in Ubuntu 16.04. With scale 1, I can see the underscores but at scale 0.875 they disappear.

I haven’t been able to fix the issue by changing font size.

Sublime Text Build 3126

0 Likes

dpi_scale was not designed to reduce the size of the UI, only increase it to deal with HiDPI screens. It does not surprise me at a certain point that resizing down would cause single-pixel lines to disappear.

0 Likes