Sublime Forum

Can't Remove Packages on ST3 Mac

I installed a number of themes so I could try them out. Now I want too remove most of them. Using package control does nothing, so I went to /Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Installed Packages on MacOS Mojave and deleted the sublime-package files. When I restart Sublime 3, it resurrects those files in that directory? How can I really delete these packages?

0 Likes

I assume you’re using Package Control: Remove Package from the command palette for this; if it’s not removing packages, does the Sublime console (View > Show Console from the menu) display any error messages?

What you’re seeing here is that Package Control knows what packages you told it to install, so when Sublime starts and they’re missing, it re-installs them. This allows you to synchronize your settings between computers or just save and restore them and have PC automatically install your packages for you.

To stop that from happening, you need to use Preferences > Package Settings > Package Control > Settings - User to open your Package Control settings. The installed_packages setting is the list of packages that PC will try to keep installed and updated, so removing items from there will stop it from resurrecting them if you remove the package.

0 Likes

Here is the exact error message when I try to remove a package:

File “/Users/chuck/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Installed Packages/Package Control.sublime-package/package_control/commands/remove_package_command.py”, line 58, in on_done

File “/Users/chuck/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Installed Packages/Package Control.sublime-package/package_control/package_disabler.py”, line 76, in disable_packages

ImportError: No module named ‘package_control’

Chuck

0 Likes

I have fixed everything (by resetting Sublime, and reinstalling everything). Thanks!

0 Likes