Sublime Forum

Can't Launch Sublime Text

A week or two ago I installed the WordCount plugin. Everything’s been working fine, but today when I try to open Sublime Text I get an error message:

“Error trying to parse settings: Expected value in C:\Users\kl\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\User\WordCount.sublime-settings:1:1”

I tried getting rid of the WordCount package, but no dice - I’m guessing I need to change settings file somewhere to get it to stop even looking for the WordCount plugin.

0 Likes

HELP! Sublime won't start!
Bug: Main window never shown if there's an error on startup
Nightly Build 2198
ST2 not opening. Showing "libcache out of date" error

Did you delete that file also?

0 Likes

Windows Vista 64bit Ultimate

After editing my user preferences and forgetting a comma, Sublime gave me an error message for that file, and did not launch. So I edited the file with another program (replacing the comma). Now Sublime still does not launch. What do I do?

best,
James

0 Likes

You have to kill the running session also. Press ctrl+shift+escape to bring up the task manager, find sublime_text.exe in the list and kill the process. Now you should be able to launch it again.

BTW jps, this happens when an error dialogue shows up before the main Sublime Text 2 window does when launching the program on Windows platforms. OS X and Linux start fine when there’s an error dialogue.

0 Likes

Ah, that’s what it was - I didn’t notice that the settings file was actually in a separate directory from the rest of the plugin. I deleted the settings file and the editor launches fine now (too bad about the WordCount plugin though…)

0 Likes

Ah! Thanks for the info. Everything is now working fine again.

best,
James

0 Likes