Sublime Forum

Cant install sublimeclang due to bad remove

I accidentally removed sublimeclang when I was trying to remove something else.

and now the package is stuck in a wird limbo stage where the installer thinks its already installed, but its really not, its just cashed somewhere.

When I go to reinstall it, it shows up in the list of packages to install, BUT, when I click on it to be installed, it **IMMEDIATELY ** says “package sublimeclang successfully installed”. This is bad because it should work for a second or to before it says this.

further more the sublimeclang folder does not get put in my packeages folder and it does not show up in the list of removable packages.

I even tried uninstalling, deleting the appdata folder, and re-installing sublime-text. But the problem still exists :angry: :angry: :angry:
(little side note, inst this scary, knowing that when you uninstall something it leaves hidden files somewhere in your computer?)

I know that SOMEWHERE on my computer there’s a file that is listing sublimeclang as already installed.

0 Likes

What version of Sublime Text are you running? I don’t believe SublimeClang works in ST3 yet.

0 Likes

I have ST2 2.0.1

0 Likes

this is the error im getting when I try to install:
Exception in thread Thread-6:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “.\threading.py”, line 532, in __bootstrap_inner
File “.\Package Control.py”, line 4032, in run
File “.\Package Control.py”, line 3181, in install_package
File “.\Package Control.py”, line 2695, in download_url
File “.\Package Control.py”, line 1683, in download
File “.\Package Control.py”, line 1414, in check_certs
File “.\Package Control.py”, line 1451, in locate_cert
File “.\Package Control.py”, line 1478, in download_cert
NameError: global name ‘domain’ is not defined

0 Likes

You may want to create an issue on the github page (link). He will probably get a notification on that, where as the forum he will have to check each post. Though entering a snippet with the error is good, he may ask you to enable debugging (instructions here). It may be worthwhile to post with that so you have given as much information as you can up front.

0 Likes