Sublime Forum

Cannot use AltGr after installing PowerUser package

Hello everyone!

After installing PowerUser package I canot type some symbols (Characters like {} , ] and $) which are typed with the help of AltGr key, they just do not appear on screen. I am using Turkish Q layout (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:KB_Turkey.svg). Anyone could give me a hint on how to get rid of this annoyance?

Thanks a lot!

0 Likes

[quote=“ekolguy”]Hello everyone!

After installing PowerUser package I canot type some symbols (Characters like {} , ] and $) which are typed with the help of AltGr key, they just do not appear on screen. I am using Turkish Q layout (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:KB_Turkey.svg). Anyone could give me a hint on how to get rid of this annoyance?

Thanks a lot![/quote]

[size=50]Umm no idea why it’s happening but let’s give it a shot…[/size]
EDIT: Ok the solution below works, I changed my keyboard layout to the one mentioned and mapped the right alt key to altgr, tried typing symbols after doing solution below and works :smiley:

go to **Default.sublime-keymap **under PowerUser folder and find this code

<!-- Select Tabs by numbers --> <binding key="ctrl+alt+1" command="selectView 1" /> <binding key="ctrl+alt+2" command="selectView 2" /> <binding key="ctrl+alt+3" command="selectView 3" /> <binding key="ctrl+alt+4" command="selectView 4" /> <binding key="ctrl+alt+5" command="selectView 5" /> <binding key="ctrl+alt+6" command="selectView 6" /> <binding key="ctrl+alt+7" command="selectView 7" /> <binding key="ctrl+alt+8" command="selectView 8" /> <binding key="ctrl+alt+9" command="selectView 9" /> <binding key="ctrl+alt+0" command="selectView 10" />

Comment it out and [size=50]try to type[/size] start typing symbols away! :smile:

0 Likes

Fantastic sollution Jon, thanks!

Metin

0 Likes

[quote=“ekolguy”]Fantastic sollution Jon, thanks!

Metin[/quote]

/me no jon :stuck_out_tongue: but no problema!

0 Likes

I’m having the exact same problem. I don’t understand your solution as my bindings to move from one file to another are already bind with alt+ctrl not altgr…
any clue ?

Edit: sorry, I read too fast. When uncommenting those lines it works again. Still, those shortcuts were good :smile: how to get both ?

0 Likes