Sublime Forum

Cannot Implement matplotlib

I am a rookie Python and Sublime Text user, and I would very much appreciate any help.

I have installed matplotlib on my iMac, and I can successfully run programs using it via the terminal. The trouble comes when I try to run matplotlib inside Sublime Text 3. The program does not run. Here is a display of the input program and the error messages:

I am too naive in my understanding of Python to understand what these error messages
mean. As a guess, it appears that matplotlib is not communicating with Sublime Text. I would really like some help getting matplotlib to work with Sublime Text.

Many thanks,

0 Likes

Does running it from the command line work? To me it looks more like a problem with your python install.

0 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion, but I believe that Python is properly installed because matplotlib runs perfectly when using the terminal. My problem appears to be getting Sublime Text to recognize and run matplotlib. Any additional suggestions?

0 Likes

Can you share the command you used on the command line?

0 Likes

This is the program that I entered on the terminal - it successfully runs. However, when I enter the same program into Sublime Text, it will not run. See the result at the top of my post. Terminal

0 Likes

Can you try running the exact same command that the build system is running, ie:

/usr/local/bin/python3 -u '/Users/paulbrizzolara/Documents/python_work/import matplotlib.pyplot as plt.py'

Hopefully I’ve transcribed that correctly…

0 Likes