Sublime Forum

Can Sublime Merge show diffs between branches?

I commonly find myself running commands which compare branches to each other, along the lines of:

git diff my/current/branch another/branch/to/compare

However, I haven’t yet found a way to do this with Sublime Merge?
Is this possible at the moment? It would really be handy to generate and view the complete diffs between branches.

Another common one is simply git diff master to show the changes between the current branch and the master branch.

If this is already possible, can someone please show me how? :sweat_smile:
If this isn’t currently possible, then I suppose this is a feature request!

1 Like

Cmd/Ctrl + click on two commits, see also https://github.com/sublimehq/sublime_merge/issues/255

5 Likes

@srbs that indeed does work! Thank you.

I think that a specific command for this would also be great. Perhaps it could be implemented as a plugin in the future. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

The above no longer works in build 1119 - only changes from the first commit are shown.

Now it has to be done by:

1. click on the base commit
  2. shift-click or ctrl-cmd-click on commits where you want the changes to show.
1 Like

This is a major omission. If I can git diff master in a terminal, why doesn’t something equally simple work in Sublime Merge? (Build: 2056, Mac). I don’t care if it is a menu command, context menu, etc. It should be easily discovered by a new Merge user.

I’ve tried all manner of Cmd+click combinations between commits and branches as suggested in various threads, without success. For now, I’m sticking with creating disposable PR’s in Bitbucket to do what should be a simple local command.

0 Likes

Here’s a demonstration:

2 Likes