Sublime Forum

Can I hide sidebar permanently due to performance problems?

Can I hide sidebar permanently due to performance problems? I’m using OSX High Sierra.

When I google for help on this, people simply suggest that you go to View menu and turn off the Sidebar.

BUT, my sidebar comes back every time I restart Sublime3 and I want to know how i can force the sidebar to not be enabled and not show up.

When i researched available config options, the closest thing I could find was the option to turn off indexing.

Basically, my Sublime3 keeps getting lags where the text editor will not move for 5-15 seconds. It is very very annoying. I narrowed down the problem by uninstalling all my plugins and I noticed when i have sidebar showing a large folder containing a lot of items, it seems to affect the performance.

Why can’t Sublime be better optimized for performance. It sucks when you get in a situation like I have where its a constant problem and I cannot seem to disable the thing that seems to be causing it.

-Jon

0 Likes

A few questions:

• Are you editing files on a network share/drive of some sort?
  • What version of Sublime Text are you using?
  • Are you using hot_exit?
  • Does hiding the sidebar fix all of the performance issues?
  • Approximately how many files does the folder have in it that you have added to the sidebar?
1 Like

Launch ST3 using:
subl --command toggle_side_bar

0 Likes