Sublime Forum

Buying a Sublime Subscription for a friend for Christmas

Hi everyone,

My friend is a web developer and I would like to get her a 3-year Sublime subscription for Christmas. I had a question, though. Right now she is using the free version. If I give her a subscription, when it runs out in 3 years, will she be able to go back to using the free version if she doesn’t want to pay for a new one?

Also, if I put in my friend’s email address and her full name when I buy the license, will it be fully hers? Like, will she be able to look up the license key if she loses it, using her own info? Or will it be linked to my own email address.

Thank you very much for any help!
Susan

0 Likes

Licenses are perpetual; at the end of the three year period she will be able to keep using whatever version of Sublime was available at the time in it’s fully licensed state. She will only need to pay again if she wants to receive another three years worth of updates.

License key lookup is indeed done by email address, so if her email address is associated with the license, she’ll be able to recover the key using her email. So, when filling out the form if you put her name and email address in, you should be good to go.

I did a video recently on the top 15 questions people ask about licenses that may also help clarify things (keeping in mind that I’m not associated with SublimeHQ, I just live the Sublime lifestyle):

2 Likes

Thank you very much; this was exactly what I needed!

0 Likes