Sublime Forum

Bulk SAVE ALL open files

I really love to just keep opening new tabs for rough editing everything before I copy and paste to some other destination. Eventually, there’s too many tabs to navigate. It would be great if I could just SAVE them all or quit the program without saving any of them.

There’s this

for window in sublime.windows(): window.run_command("save_all")

^ how do I actually run that and get it to save to a predefined directory with the least clicks possible? At the moment, it just saves to the plugins directory

0 Likes

Have you tried File -> Save All ?

2 Likes

Save all requires me to confirm the filename and hit save. Takes a long time with 100 open tabs

0 Likes

Okay, so to get an idea, you have lots of modified tabs open (which are not actual files, but just open modified tabs) and you want to close them all ?

0 Likes

Yes, that’s it.
I found I can do it with PROJECT -> Save WORKSPACE or Save PROJECT

I don’t have a way to close all tabs though.

I’m a bit of a tab monster. I just find it easier to keep opening new tabs and use tabs as a history. Then, clear them out once a week.
I’m sure this is not how you’re supposed to use it but it’s a lot quicker than filing or tagging notes. Hopefully, one say an editor will be designed with this (mis)behaviour in mind.

0 Likes

Plugins can very easily close any tabs you want without doing any sort of prompt, with the caveat that as soon as you press the key it’s officially too late to do anything but regret your decision as the content of all closed tabs are lost forever.

0 Likes

There’s also plenty of ways to close tabs build in:

0 Likes