Sublime Forum

Build variants don't run

I am running sublime text 3.1.1 build 3176 on Windows 10.

After updating to this build I have encountered a problem.

My build system has a bunch of different variants that launch command line apps and batch scripts. They then run in the sublime console.

For example I run an xmlinter that ouputs to console. I have a batch file that moves some files and echos progress to console. I launch some build tools like android ndk-stack.

All of these are periodically faiing to run. The console opens up when I run them, but then it just stays empty and silent.

Has anyone else encountered something similar?

0 Likes

Do you see any errors or issues being reported in the console when they fail to run?

0 Likes

No it is silent.

I have not actually confirmed if the batch script actually ran. Maybe it did, and the console input is bugged. I will have to check that next time I encounter it. It does not happen reliably.

0 Likes

I’ve encountered weirdness w/respect to using a combination of cmd and "shell": true which if I recall correctly seemed to execute the program but produce no output in the panel, whereas just using shell_cmd worked as expected.

That said, it seemed to do that 100% of the time and since I normally just always use shell_cmd instead I don’t know if that’s a recent thing or if it’s always worked that way as I haven’t investigated it very thoroughly.

In any case, if you’re using cmd with or without shell, you might try using shell_cmd to see if that has the same problem or not.

0 Likes