Sublime Forum

Build messages sometimes, but not others

When I compile with these flags I get loads of errors (surprise surprise) but F4 doesn’t work, there are no red ‘error dialog boxes’ in my code, F4 does nothing.
> {

"cmd" : ["clang++-3.8 -std=c++11 -pedantic -Wall -Wextra -Wcast-align -Wcast-qual -Wctor-dtor-privacy -Wdisabled-optimization -Wformat=2 -Winit-self  -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-include-dirs -Wold-style-cast -Woverloaded-virtual -Wredundant-decls -Wshadow -Wsign-conversion -Wsign-promo -Wstrict-overflow=5 -Wswitch-default -Wundef -Werror -Wno-unused -ggdb ${file_name} -o ${file_base_name}"],
"selector" : "source.c",
"shell": true,
"working_dir" : "$file_path"
}

However when I compile with

{ "cmd" : ["clang++-3.8 -std=c++11 -w -ggdb ${file_name} -o ${file_base_name}"], "selector" : "source.c", "shell": true, "file_regex":"^(|..[^:]*):([0-9]*):?([0-9]*)?:? (.*)$", "working_dir" : "$file_path" }

I get the ‘usual’ and expected behaviour, what’s going on pls ? With the zillions of errors, that’s when F4 would be really handy.

Again I seem to be on a mission to find loads of really handy stuff that ST3 can’t do.:partying_face:
I know, revert to initial state!
Hopefully there might be a solution before we get to that. Now I’m not trying to “debug” ST3 I’m getting some work done :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Toodles :love_you_gesture::tongue:

0 Likes

Ah ha I’ll answer my own question, just in case my stupidity is a handy lesson for anyone else.

It’s missing the regex line. Doh, what a putz.

If anyone needs a lesson in how to make a plonker of themselves, this is how you do it !

Ps If the board want me to take this down, pls feel free, or I can if required. Quite happy to let my foolishness remain for the entertainment of others if so be it.

Don’t forget your regex !

0 Likes