Sublime Forum

Build 3183 'save_on_focus_lost' and 'About' problems

The save_on_focus_lost setting is partially broken in build 3183.

If the focus is changed within Sublime Text, switching to another buffer, opening the command palette, etc., then it functions as usual, saving the file. But if you switch to another application then the file remains unsaved.

Also…

While checking my installed version using ‘About’ to write this post I found another problem.

Pressing escape to close the About dialog caused the focus to be auto-changed from one Sublime Text window to another one.

This happened when About was opened from the Command Palette and also when opened from the Help Menu.

However when I repeated the test from the other open windows I found that only one of them resulted in the focus auto-changing to another window. EDIT AMBIGUOUS: It only happened with 1 of the 4 open windows.

IMPORTANT:

When I restarted Sublime Text I was not able to repeat either problem. Both the save_on_focus_lost setting and the About dialog worked correctly.

I will check again when ST has been running for a while and see what happens…

0 Likes

3.2: Linux save_on_focus_lost setting still partially broken
Active window not being updated on view selection. Build 3200 Linux

What platform are you running on?

0 Likes

Sorry, silly of me to leave that out.

Linux 64.

0 Likes

Last night, after ST had been running for a few hours, save_on_focus_lost again stopped functioning correctly.

I was unable to repeat the About dialog bug.

0 Likes

Today: Neither bug was present when ST was statred. I’ve tested them both on an approx. hourly basis. After about 3 hours both bugs re-emerged.

Some more info.

1. The save_on_focus_lost setting only works correctly when the focus of a buffer is lost within the window it is open in, e.g. by launching any of the overlays (Command Palette, Show Files, the GoTo ones, Snippets, etc.) or opening the console. Simply clicking on a menu item does not trigger save (though I don’t think it usually does) nor does switching to a different ST window or a window which belongs to another application (or indeed launching another application).

2. The About dialog bug only happens with one of the windows (of the 4 or 5 open). The window that ST chooses to focus when the About dialog is closed is inconsistent (it can be any of them, I thought at first it was the next most recently focused but tests showed this was incorrect). All the windows have unique window IDs (i.e. running window.id() in the console).

HTH.

0 Likes

Please note both bugs are still present on Build 3184.

0 Likes

I have the same problem, except mine quit working completely after one of the updates.

I am using version 3184 on Windows 10. The settings still say to save on focus lost, but that gets ignored

0 Likes

You should say what exactly ‘quit working completely’ and what you mean by that because your post is not clear.

0 Likes

Save on focus lost does not work. Period

0 Likes