Sublime Forum

Build 3181 / Arch Linux: Scroll Wheel stopped working

Just updated the Sublime Text dev channel release to 3181, but unfortunately I have some issues (on Arch Linux using the official packages).

Scrolling using the scroll wheel (i.e. trackpad with two fingers) isn’t working at all.

“subl” in bash or clicking the dash icon doesn’t open anything, only “subl -n” does.

Any hints on how to resolve them?

1 Like

same here, I went back to previous version I had (3176)

starting with subl -w shows:

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

starting it with subl -n starts it but the statusbar keep saying:

Loading PyV8 binary, please wait

and cpu usage stays at 100%

also, other command (eg: package control: upgrade all packages) seems stuck, probably waiting on PyV8 (?)

0 Likes

Sublime Text Build 3180 works fine for me.

0 Likes

My hunch is some sort of change related to GTK3. Any details about your setup/hardware would likely be helpful.

0 Likes

I’ll be happy to help as much as I can.

I’m on Arch Linux/Gnome Shell with most recent updates (GNOME Shell 3.30.2, extra/gtk3 3.24.1+8+g220f77d8c1-1).

Hardware is a Thinkpad X230.

If you want me to run some sort of info gathering script, please contact me.

Is there a shortcut to start Sublime Text without all extensions disabled?

0 Likes

Is the scrolling issue with your trackpad, or an external mouse with scroll wheel?

0 Likes

Just tried, only with the trackpad, the mouse scroll wheel (trackball exactly) works. The Thinkpad Trackpoint isn’t working (middle key+ up/down).

0 Likes

I have the same issue, on Ubuntu 18.04 with Wayland.
Touchpad scrolling just stopped working when I updated to build 3182.

Workaround:
Download https://download.sublimetext.com/sublime-text_build-3180_amd64.deb
sudo dpkg -i sublime-text_build-3180_amd64.deb

0 Likes

Hmm, currently my only Wayland machine is a VM, and my physical linux machine doesn’t have a trackpad. I’ll have to see if I can get an old laptop out and updated to 18.04.

0 Likes

Also seeing this issue with TrackPoint scroll not working on a ThinkPad X230T running Fedora 20 with the Sway WM (Wayland) on Linux. Build 3183 is affected, as well as Sublime Merge 1093. Happy to troubleshoot as required. Can confirm ST3 stable 3176 is working fine, so have rolled back to this for now.

Both ST3 and SM are so good otherwise though, cheap at twice the price! (please don’t put the price up though). Thanks for your attention to this.

0 Likes

3184 is working now, thanks a lot!

0 Likes

3184 and SM 1097 fixes the issue for me too, thanks!

0 Likes