Sublime Forum

Build 3176 slow on big document

I updated to Build 3176 a few days ago. Since then it has been impossibly slow to use on a big document (11.7 MiB). It’s always handled this easily before. How do I rollback to the previous one I was using?

0 Likes

Which version were you using previously, and what type of document are you opening that’s causing the problem?

It may be that updates to the syntax definition for the file type in question is causing the problem and that would be useful to know.

It would also be useful to switch syntax to ‘plain text’. Is performance restored in this mode?

0 Likes

Thanks for responding. I don’t have a record of the early version. I just clicked update. It’s a big text document. I don’t know how to switch syntax to “plain text”. How do you do that?

0 Likes

At the bottom right of the status window, after ‘Tabs X’ or ‘Spaces X’ it should indicate the syntax in use. If you’re editing a text document, it should say ‘Plain Text’. If not, switch it over by clicking on it and selecting ‘Plain Text’.

And if it doesn’t indicate ‘Plain Text’, what does it say?

0 Likes

Thanks. That’s amazing. I didn’t know you could click there. Yes, it’s plain text. The text in my status window is tiny. How can I make the status window bigger? I can barely read it.

0 Likes