Sublime Forum

Build 3143 on ubuntu 16.04 hangs on 'open file'

Hi,

I recently installed build 3143 on my ubuntu 16.04 machine. Now, whenever I select ‘open file’ (or CTRL+O), the Sublime window turns grey, and the program hangs. Usually the correct dialog box will come up after 5-30 seconds.

Can anybody tell me how I should further diagnose this?

Thanks!

0 Likes

It looks like this is also sometimes occurring when I save a file in Sublime, and perhaps at other times, too.

0 Likes

I tried disabling most of my installed packages, and the problem seems to have disappeared. I’ll try to narrow down which package is causing the problem. Looks like I don’t need help anymore, though.

2 Likes

Nice work, it’d be interesting to know which package causes it so we can see how/why it causes it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am having a similar issue.
I just installed the most recent Virtualbox application on my Windows 10 laptop.
I then installed the latest Ubuntu desktop into a virtual host.
(it is all working just fine)
I installed Sublime Text3 and while I can open a file from the Linux command line,
I can’t invoke the file/folder open dialogs from the menu … the application just hangs.
I removed the entire ~/.config/sublime-text-3/ folder to make sure there were no package implications.

Any ideas? Thanks

0 Likes

I should also add that the directory I am running “subl” from only contains a few files.

0 Likes

I can’t remember how I eventually fixed it, but I have a vague feeling I eventually traced the issue back something other than Sublime.

0 Likes

I don’t know if this topic died, but it’s happening to me all the time even after upgrading system. It happend since 3143 build on ubuntu 17.04, 17.10 and now at 18.04. On every save of file sublime freezes for couple seconds. Plugin Event Profile shows that none of plugins takes more than 0.06s so its not them i think.
It happens on file change in any of project folders, so if i save js file and have running rebuild on node it can freez for even half a minute.

0 Likes

OK, so today while working with lots of files and it started to freez constantly, not only on save. I’ve started to dig deeper into problem and find solution at least for me:
I’ve disabled index_files in settings.

0 Likes