Sublime Forum

Build 2220 constantly eating 15% of my CPU

Hello,

I have a MacBook Pro with Retina Screen running OS X 10.8.2, and just installed ST2 build 2220 because I was having some serious performance issues with scrolling and selecting text. While this build does seem to be smoother, it is now constantly eating about 15% of my CPU while the app is in focus and a window is open, which is JUST enough to start my fans up. Screenshot of Activity Monitor:

dl.dropbox.com/u/201533/Screenshots/uyci.png

If I switch apps or close all ST2 windows, it stops. The issue only occurs while a ST2 editor window is open and active. Doesn’t seem to matter what file format / syntax.

I have zero packages installed, and I uninstalled Package Control too.

Just letting you know! Apologies if this is not the correct place or format to submit a bug report.

• Joe
0 Likes

Same problem!!
I backed to Build 2217 now,even though this build is super super super slow on a retina MBP!
But I think this is far better than making the fan run constantly! which make the whole body of MBP very hot!

On the other hand Safari does a very good job on scrolling and selecting text , smoothly and very low CPU usage.May be they’re using the GPU rather than a CPU?
Anyway I think this issue can be solved perfectly on the next major update.

0 Likes