Sublime Forum

Build 2178 and Windows 10

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone happened to know if Build 2178 was compatible with Windows 10. I know that this build is very old, but I am not looking to upgrade at this time :confounded:. Any insight you guys could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :heart_eyes:

0 Likes

Is there a reason you want to use a build that old instead of the latest which works well in Windows 10?

0 Likes

Not surprised if ST2 is not well compatible with Win10 since there is not even a Win10 preview version at that time. And I think ST2 is “unwrittenly” no longer updating because

• Last update: 3 years ago.
  • ST3 works well and most of plugins work well now. I.e., no obvious reason for people to keep using ST2.
  • Although there are 2 people official developing ST now but 2 is not many honestly. Drop support for ST2 and develop ST3 or even ST4 is a reasonable decision imo.
0 Likes

I suspect it would work, simply because AFAIK old Windows APIs are still usable in Windows 10. I’m guessing you haven’t upgraded to Windows 10 yet, otherwise you’d just try it :slight_smile: Maybe try it in a VM?

2 Likes

I’ve used 2178 successfully on Windows 10. The features I use it for seem to work just fine.

1 Like

This is not even the latest ST2 build. 2178 is from February 2012. That’s before 2.0.

0 Likes

It would be good if you can tell why you still using ST2 so that the real problem may/could be resolved officially.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the replies, I really appreciate it. No good reason in particular, I just like that build and have been using it for a while. I will upgrade if I have to, but since ig0774 says it works for him, I’m just going to try it out. Thanks again! :smile_cat:

0 Likes