Sublime Forum

Buggy pointer / cursor

In an active Sublime window, the pointer keeps switching rapidly between the bar used in editing text and the arrow used when not editing text. This happens when the mouse is moved within an active window, not over a Sublime window that isn’t active. I noticed this after upgrading to Sonoma OS. I just tried in safe mode and didn’t observe this behavior: IS there advice for how to debug this? Would I need to disable packages I’ve installed or all packages? Have others encountered this problem and are there any hints for diagnosing and treating?

those packages installed: writer color scheme, Github theme, Github color theme, markdown editing, typewriter…

os sonoma (14) , apple m1 max, sublime build 4152

1 Like

I suggest using the "ignored_packages" setting to selectively ignore your installed packages.

0 Likes

I’m having this issue with M1 max Sonoma too, keeps switching between the bar and arrow cursor when moving, has anyone found the solution?

0 Likes

Hi, I’ve not found a solution and wonder if this is even a Sublime issue: I’ve experienced same behavior in Firefox, Excel, MacOs Calendar as well. The issue seems to be when using multiple “Spaces” and having multiple windows of an instance of an application (like Sublime) spread across those Spaces. The only fix I’ve found is to close all Sublime docs open and start it up again. Would love to find a solution.

0 Likes