I'm using the latest beta, 20100815, and I ran into a bit of a strange behavior. I found this problem when trying to replace a class name with a new one, and I found not all the matches were found.
Search text: s. (include the period)
Search options enabled: whole word
Text to search, using find all:
I had expected all instances of "s." to be matched, but only the first one is. If I turn off the whole word option, it finds them all, but in my case also matched undesirable things like "asdfs.something".
I am surprised that newlines, periods, or parenthesis do not separate whole words in this case.