Sublime Forum

[Bug][ST3] Scroll bar issues

Sorry if this has been posted already.

I just wanted to see if it is known that Sublime Text 3 scroll window (the preview) that when you click in a section of your code in the window and continue holding the mouse button to scroll through your code, it doesn’t scroll. It just jumps to where you clicked.

This is reproducable every time and the bug doesn’t exist in ST2. I hope this isn’t a feature because I hate it.

Edit: This is what I’m talking about:

Edit #2: I should note, this is build 3010 on Windows 8 x64

0 Likes

Build 3012 still has the issue.

0 Likes

This is by design. If you open a large file, you’ll see why it’s done.

0 Likes

I think you’re misunderstanding what I’m talking about.

When you click, then yes, it should jump to the code section, not “scroll” to it. (I believe this is what you thought I was referring to?)

What I’m actually referring to, and this can be reproduced everytime so go ahead and open both ST2 and ST3 and give it a try, is when you click and hold, you should be able to drag the window. In ST2, you can drag the preview window up and down. In ST3 you can’t.

Edit: to clarify further: in ST3 I can click and hold the actual window and drag up and down, but if I click in a section of code that the preview window isn’t on currently and hold and try to drag, it doesn’t.

0 Likes

That’s correct, but if you open a file that’s a few thousand lines long, you’ll see why click and drag wouldn’t make sense.

0 Likes

Ah, I do see now the difference.

0 Likes