Sublime Forum

Bug: Moving a tab between desktops in OSX doesn't work

Hi,

So I noticed this behavior and wanted to let you guys know. It seems to be a bug:

When chaning a tab from files located at different desktops it doesn’t work.

OSX: 10.13.4 (17E199)
MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015)

0 Likes

I think you might be experiencing a more general issue I see from time to time that isn’t specific to changing desktops.

From time to time, a tab will just refuse to drop in an existing pane or window. It’ll land in a new window (I’m pretty sure I’ve seen this even when dragging a tab within panes in a single window).

When I click on a tab in the destination window/pane, and then try to drag the tab in, it works fine.

Does this work for you? If so, I’m glad you appear to have stumbled on a way to reliably force the issue to appear–I’ve never reported it because I’ve always experienced it somewhat randomly.

0 Likes

I’m experiencing this too, on macOS 10.15.7 Catalina.
What I’ve observed:

1. Sublime window A is open on desktop 1
  2. Sublime window B is open on desktop 2, in the same position
  3. Sublime window C is also open on desktop 2 in a different position.
  4. Try to drag a tab from window C to window B, and the tab becomes invisible. When dropped, it lands in that position on the first window.

It appears that the “tab drag/drop between windows” functionality is looking at the window position of all Sublime windows, and it chooses the first one to drop into.
Instead, it should be choosing the first visible window on the current desktop.

0 Likes

This is the same bug as this one: https://github.com/sublimehq/sublime_text/issues/1959. I’m currently working on a fix for it.

0 Likes