Sublime Forum

Bug - minimap disappear under high dpi mode

OS - windows 8.1 x64
Symptom - When the window of Sublime Text is big enough, the content of minimap will disappear, thought the scroll indicator is still visible.
The thersold of “big enough” varies with the font size used.

1 Like

If you switch back to the regular theme does it still happen?

0 Likes

Yes. Minimap still disappears, unless you reduce window height or reduce font size.

0 Likes

I am having the same issue with my new 4K monitor. If I make decrease the height of the window to about 2/3rds height, the contents of the minimap viewport appear again. Otherwise all I see is the border. It doesn’t seem to matter what theme or color scheme I select the results are the same. Couldn’t find any settings specific to the viewport that might be adjusted to make it show up again in full screen. (Windows 8.1)

0 Likes

+1 Same issue, slightly different setup. Though I’d mention it to help debug:

I use a high dpi (3200x1800) windows laptop and extend the display to a 1920x1200 external monitor.
SublimeText runs full screen on the external monitor.
The Minimap only disappears on the secondary screen, unless I reduce font-size or window height.

Hope this helps !

0 Likes

@yanai,

I also can reduce the font-size which allows me to enlarge the window height some depending on how small I make the font. At the point where the window is full height, the font is so small I cannot work anymore.

0 Likes

Same problem. New 4K monitor here and the minimap text does not show up when in full screen. The “visible” area is still highlighted and grabbing it and dragging it still moves the main code, but nothing is visible in the map itself. If I reduce the window to about 2/3rds height the text shows up.

0 Likes

Same issue here.

Minimap disappears in Sublime Text 2 on view size greater 1877 px.

0 Likes

Note this should be fixed in Sublime Text 3.

0 Likes

Note this should be fixed in Sublime Text 3.

It is.

But I’am still use ST2.

0 Likes

Sublime Text 2 is past it’s End of Life and no longer supported. Upgrading is generally recommended were possible as a result.

0 Likes