Sublime Forum

Bug: Incorrect default save directory, bad user experience (Sublime Text 3)

Paying customer here. I have major complaints with Sublime Text 3:

1. When I save a new file created using “Right-click -> New file”, it will present me with a text input asking for a filepath. The default filepath provided is incorrect, causing me to have to retype the entire thing

2. The new textfield-based interface for saving files is limited, as it does not allow quick directory-browsing. I need to be able to traverse my project structure quickly. The possibility of mistyping a character and accidentally saving files under the wrong directory makes saving files a scary operation

3. There doesn’t seem to be an option to revert file-saving to the old behaviour.

All of the above combined makes the save feature unusable for me, especially when I’m trying to create files deep inside the project structure. I have to work around it by creating any new files using Windows Explorer, which is very painful.

Repro steps

1. First, have 2 directories open
  2. Right-click and create new file
  3. Save using CTRL+S. It will use the wrong default directory. You are also unable to create files in a subdirectory.

System info
Sublime Text 3
Stable channel, Build 3126
Windows 7 x64

0 Likes

I guess you have a plugin installed that is showing the textfield-based interface, because it is not the default behavior. I think disabling or uninstalling the package will solve all 3 problems :slight_smile:

0 Likes