Sublime Forum

[BUG FOUND]Folders No Longer Load into Project

I am having problems with Sublime 2 loading folders into a project. Also when I close Sublime the window closes, but the process does not. Until you close the process you cannot open sublime again. It will load and then close.

I am running Windows 7 64 bit

When starting Up console spits this out:

startup, version: 2020 windows x64 channel: stable executable: /C/Program Files/Sublime Text 2/sublime_text.exe working dir: /C/Windows/system32 packages path: /C/Users/MYUSERNAME/AppData/Roaming/Sublime Text 2/Packages settings path: /C/Users/MYUSERNAME/AppData/Roaming/Sublime Text 2/Settings package /C/Program Files/Sublime Text 2/Pristine Packages/ActionScript.sublime-package is newer than the installed version (/C/Users/MYUSERNAME/AppData/Roaming/Sublime Text 2/Pristine Packages/ActionScript.sublime-package), running PackageSetup error parsing session: No data at: 0:0 PackageSetup returned: -1 scanning /C/Users/MYUSERNAME/AppData/Roaming/Sublime Text 2/Packages scanned /C/Users/MYUSERNAME/AppData/Roaming/Sublime Text 2/Packages catalogue loaded found 1 files for base name Default.sublime-theme found 2 files for base name Default (Windows).sublime-keymap found 1 files for base name Main.sublime-menu Reloading plugin C:MYUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Default\comment.py Reloading plugin C:MYUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Default\copy_path.py Reloading plugin C:MYUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Default\delete_word.py Reloading plugin C:MYUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Default\detect_indentation.py Reloading plugin C:MYUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Default\duplicate_line.py Reloading plugin C:MYUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Default\exec.py Reloading plugin C:MYUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Default\find_under_expand.py Reloading plugin C:MYUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Default\font.py Reloading plugin C:MYUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Default\goto_line.py Reloading plugin C:MYUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Default\indentation.py Reloading plugin C:MYUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Default\scroll.py Reloading plugin C:MYUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Default\sort.py Reloading plugin C:MYUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Default\swap_line.py Reloading plugin C:MYUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Default\switch_file.py Reloading plugin C:MYUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Default\transform.py Reloading plugin C:MYUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Default\transpose.py Reloading plugin C:MYUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Default\trim_trailing_white_space.py loading bindings theme loaded app ready loaded 918 snippets scanning /Z/httpdocs

0 Likes

When you add a folder, the entire directory is read in, and only then will the folder appear on the sidebar. This is required so that Goto Anything has access to every file name.

Assuming the folder you’re trying to add in is huge, try just adding in some smaller sub-folders instead.

0 Likes

All of the files are readable and I did try loading a folder with 2 files in it as well. I am going to try uninstalling and reinstalling today.

0 Likes

another note on an error I am now getting:

scanning /Z/httpdocs/application Unknown external include source.applescript included from source.shell Unknown external include source.applescript included from source.shell

0 Likes

I FOUND THE PROBLEM! =D

Long:
I am working with WebDrive (ssh connection to virtual files on a virtual harddrive locally). This allows me to work on a project in Sublime on my server. This isn’t the problem at all. My application uses components from Zend and had to have a series of Redirect folders in order to resolve include problems. Sublime needs to ignore shortcut files otherwise it will recursively include the files over and over and over and over again until it has become a memory zombie and will close the window but the .exe will run in the background.

Short:
Sublime needs to NOT include shortcuts/redirects/hotlinked files/folders.

0 Likes